meta name='ir-site-verification-token' value='1860762106'> SHOULD HE GIVE YOU AN ENGAGEMENT RING OR NOT? | How to save money and look great while doing so

Sunday, September 7, 2014

SHOULD HE GIVE YOU AN ENGAGEMENT RING OR NOT?


SHOULD HE GIVE YOU AN ENGAGEMENT RING OR NOT?


This question is something that has been swirling in my head for some time now and even though this blog is all about saving money, I just have to speak my peace.  There are many Women who are getting engaged but they have no ring. 

 I don't know when all of this started but it is becoming the norm.  I feel that if a Man ask you for your hand in marriage, he should already have the ring and place it on your finger.  To some this may seem a little old fashioned but I see it as a very important step that is taken when preparing to spend your life together with someone. 

 Does the ring provide security that this Man is a good person or a good catch? No!.  What is does say is; "I want you to be my wife and I am showing you my token of appreciation and I am serious about taking this step".  Of course the Man could change his mind and ask for the ring back but it shows initiative on his part  and I don't think Nooooooo Woman should be engaged without a ring.  Our parents were engaged and received a ring in devastating financial times in America and nobody would have it any other way.  At that time; No Ring, No Wife! 

 Now ladies I want to say also; if a Man has a low paying job, don't expect him to put a $10.000 ring on your finger. There are many places that carry rings that are reasonable such as; Zales, Walmart.com, Sears.com. Macy's.com, Overstock.com and Kmart.com.  You can go to these stores in person except Overstock.com and look for a pretty ring that is reasonable. 

 Ladies, make him appreciate you and work for it because if you don't you will be left with a Man who is just looking for fun or someone to take care of them and you do not deserve this.

Post a Comment

}; (function(d, t) {var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript';s.async = true; s.src = '//clickcdn.sovrn.com/api/sovrncm.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script'));