meta name='ir-site-verification-token' value='1860762106'> SHOULD I BUY NAME BRAND CANNED VEGETABLES OR SHOULD I BUY GENERIC? | How to save money and look great while doing so

Thursday, March 5, 2015

SHOULD I BUY NAME BRAND CANNED VEGETABLES OR SHOULD I BUY GENERIC?


I decided to write and ask this question because I have a friend who swears by name brand canned vegetables and she gave me a can of what she calls " The Best Canned Green Beans Ever."  I was anxious to open the can to see what all the hoopla was about.

I made a great steak and rice dinner and I cooked the can of string beans and started to eat the beans and I said to myself " What The Heck." 

The string beans were the same texture of the generic string beans that I always purchase.  My friend called me and she asked me about the green beans and I told her, they were good but they tasted the same way my generic brand tasted and she said "No Way."

I explained to her, that, some of the companies that can the name brand vegetables also can the generics and most of the time, you are getting the same exact product.

My friend told me that she didn't care what I said, the name brands are better. I wasn't trying to convert her to my way of thinking but why pay a higher price for a name.

By the same token, don't purchase a generic product if you try it and it is inferior, just try another brand and if the name brand is the same price, then buy the name brand.

I believe that the healthiest option is to buy frozen when you cannot get fresh veggies.

In order to save money, it is time to break the habit of buying all the brands that these companies advertise on television.  It is just a ploy to convince you that you are getting a better product because it has a bright and enticing label on the front.

Sometimes I will use a coupon and if the product is cheaper than the generics, then I will buy those brands but if not I will get the generic in a quick minute.

If you are on the road to saving money and creating wealth, find ways you can cut corners and save on your food bill.  Sometimes you can save a lot of money without coupons if you just change your thinking.











Post a Comment

}; (function(d, t) {var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript';s.async = true; s.src = '//clickcdn.sovrn.com/api/sovrncm.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script'));