meta name='ir-site-verification-token' value='1860762106'> How To Implement Changes In Your Spending Habits | How to save money and look great while doing so

Monday, August 17, 2015

How To Implement Changes In Your Spending Habits

                                                        SashaMoniqueTalks

In fall 2014 I promised myself that I would start early and prepare myself for summer 2015 by searching the clearance racks in department stores and discount stores such as; Rainbow Shops and some of the other discount stores in my area.

I was surprised about the nice skirts, dresses, shoes, and tops I was able to find and I was purchasing them for $5.00 or less.  When I got home I would put all these items in a big bag in my closet.  It was fun doing this because I got excited seeing that big bag of clothes grow.  I didn't want to shop for any clothing for the summer or if I would buy anything it would be very little.

I had no idea that I would be able to do this because as I have said a lot of time " I have a shopping addiction".  Even though I spend very little for my purchases, I still love to shop.

The end of the spring I took out my summer clothes and that big bag of summer things that I purchased throughout the winter and I had a lot of nice clothes.

Putting myself on a clothes spending diet really started to work out for me because I learned how to use what I had along with my winter shopping and I was creating even more great clothing combinations.

I went shopping with my sister a few times and I did buy about four things total. and these items could be used for the fall and winter so I saw it as a good opportunity to get ready for the next season.

Usually, I would hit the thrift stores all summer but I didn't this year and I found that I wasn't bogged down by clothes.  I never realized that this would turn into a social experiment for myself but it did.  I felt so happy and I had a lot of things to wear but I wasn't wasting money.  I saved money and I was also able to buy some luxury items.

In September I will start to shop again for the spring and summer and buy just a few winter things.  I have really learned a great lesson and that is; I really didn't need as much stuff as I was buying and once you have a wardrobe, you don't have to replace that wardrobe every year if you buy items that will not go out of style.

My experiment taught me to be thankful for what I already have.


Post a Comment

}; (function(d, t) {var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript';s.async = true; s.src = '//clickcdn.sovrn.com/api/sovrncm.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script'));