There are times when you just didn't know whether you were going to make it through. These are the moments that i would grasp all the knowledge that i would hear or learned from other people in my past and i learned a great lesson and that is, " I learned more about trusting God but also being a good steward over my money".
I watched how other people lived and i began to hold on to a stronger value system. Some people look wealthy but they really aren't. They are spending more than what they really earn.
I met a very wealthy Lady and from the outside, this person did not look rich at all. I met her family and they lived a very modest life. They enjoyed life but they maintained their wealthy state of being by being mindful about where and how they spent their money. In this post i am going to show you ten of the things that i learned and embraced that transformed my thinking.
Top Ten Ways To Be A Good Steward Over Your Money:
- When shopping for clothes, buy the best fabrics that your money can buy in simple styling because these items can be worn for many years.
- Adopt a minimalist theme in your home and you can make it look nice but focus more on keeping everything spotless and it will make everything look pulled together.
- Set aside a certain day of the month to go out and eat and for recreation. This way you will not feel like you are missing out on the good things in life.
- Look over your receipts to find out how much money is going out and what exactly you spent it on.
- Do not wear your good clothing when you are at home; this way you can preserve your clothes and it makes them last longer.
- Every pay period make sure that you save some money for emergencies and make this a regular habit. Teach your children to save a portion of their allowance for special things that they want to buy.
- Learn how to maintain your clothing such as; hemming pants, spot removal and little repairs that you can do yourself.
- Bring your lunch to work a few times a week. This will save you so much money.
- Buy clothing that can be washed in a washing machine. Only dry clean suits and special occasion clothes.
- Find an alternative to Cable TV such as; Netflix or watch programs on your computer.