meta name='ir-site-verification-token' value='1860762106'> How To Prevent Greed And Going Broke During The Holidays | How to save money and look great while doing so

Saturday, December 12, 2015

How To Prevent Greed And Going Broke During The Holidays


                     
They tell me that the Recession is over but my pockets tell me that it is far from over.  Christmas is upon us and you and i have been out shopping and it seems like we have more people on our list but less money to achieve our goal of  making the holidays merry.

You are probably like me and feel a bit sad because you cannot get your family all the things that you want.  My daughter has never put any pressure on me, to buy her really expensive gifts and i am thankful to her for this.

I don't really want much because i shop all year round for myself so it isn't a big deal if i don't get much, but, what really gets on my nerves during the holiday is people who i haven't heard from for years calling to see how i am doing and blatantly ask whether i am giving them a gift.  This really makes me angry because you should show your concern and care year round.

These are people that i would never give anything because they have a sense of entitlement and think that i should just cross my daughter and grandchild off my list and give to them.  I like to give to others but with a restricted budget, you have to pick and choose and some people you may have to give  to after the holidays.

I would suggest that you, not use your credit cards during the holidays because this is a quick way to become broke and then you will have to pay all year to try to catch up.  A great idea is to open up a Christmas Club Account at your local bank and save a little all year, so you do not have to use your credit card.

If you cannot afford to buy presents for people outside of your family, tell them that you cannot do gifts this year and most will understand.

Don't be a slave to the holidays, just enjoy it!

Post a Comment

}; (function(d, t) {var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript';s.async = true; s.src = '//clickcdn.sovrn.com/api/sovrncm.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script'));