meta name='ir-site-verification-token' value='1860762106'> How to be a blessing to others with your clothing and other items that you are no longer using | How to save money and look great while doing so

Friday, January 15, 2016

How to be a blessing to others with your clothing and other items that you are no longer using

How to be a blessing to others with your clothing and other items that you are no longer using,


Last week someone gave me a flyer and it was for an indoor garage sale and I was amazed because you don't see to many garage sales during the colder months so I was intrigued by the flyer and  decided to go and see what they had to offer.  I walked into the Gymnasium and  was happy to see a lot of household items like; sheets, old cameras, books, paintings, and of course clothing.    

The People who were volunteering at this event was very friendly and they had their items priced right.  What I mean by right?  You could fill up a shopping bag for $5.00.  I strategically thought about all the bags of clothes that I would go through to find clothing in plus sizes and a nice lady came up to me and she told me what bags would carry my size.  

I searched and searched and hit the jackpot of clothing heaven.  I was not sure if these items would fit me but filled those bags to capacity.  Quickly I went over to the children's section to look for little boy things and they did not have much but saw an abundance of little girl clothing in size 5 and 6.  Someone forgot to put little boys clothing on the tables but I started seriously thinking that these beautiful girl clothing could go to shelters and other places where these clothing could be a blessing to some wonderful little girls.

This experience really had me thinking that whatever couldn't fit, would go to Goodwill or another thrift store, but, then it crossed my mind about people who didn't have the money even to pay for clothes at the used stores.  This population is ignored and throughout my journey in life I have seen women who were in dire straits, who were fresh out of an abusive marriage or encountered a fire that changed their lives in a second. 

From that point, I decided that when I found some good buys that wasn't my size or for small children, I would buy it and find out where these items could be donated for people who truly need it.  My plan is to give to organizations that help people who are going through a crisis and they would not have to pay for any of these items.

There are organizations like Freecycle, who's goal is to keep useful items out of the landfills.  I have donated things through Freecycle and  think that it is an organization that is making a world of difference in the way that you can give someone items that you no longer need and it is helping people with items that they maybe could not afford to buy.

Many women who are trying to return to work need clothing items that will give them the confidence and the wardrobe to find a job, to take care of their families.  

So, if you have any excess clothing, toys, old computers and etc.  Think about giving these items to someone who could really use it.  It doesn't take a whole lot to make people happy and change their lives.  These things just clog up the landfills or given to people who will try to charge a lot for these items, when they really should be given to people who need it, for free.

Be a blessing to others because you never know; one day you may need the help yourself.

Post a Comment

}; (function(d, t) {var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript';s.async = true; s.src = '//clickcdn.sovrn.com/api/sovrncm.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script'));