meta name='ir-site-verification-token' value='1860762106'> Is Living Off The Grid Means Totally Denying Yourself? | How to save money and look great while doing so

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Is Living Off The Grid Means Totally Denying Yourself?

Is Living Off The Grid Means Totally Denying Yourself?

To Wash, Clothing, Red, Water, Cleansed

Hello, everyone, as you know I like saving money and living on a budget.  I have even thought about living off the grid and I have a tendency to find alternative ways of doing things to lower my dependence on some of the so-called modern conveniences.

Mind you, I am a city gal through and through.  My Mom always instilled a sense of independence that I could never learn from anyone else.

  She always taught us about survival skills and things that we could do if there was a storm and we couldn't wash clothes because electric went out or maybe you had a loss of a job and you needed clean clothes for an interview, you always had those old-fashioned skills at your disposal.

My Mother didn't shove these ideas down our throats because we had the modern conveniences at home but she came from the South, from another time and place.  A place of struggle but self-reliance and making a way out of no way.

I love and appreciate the values that she instilled in me and my siblings.

Laundry Leash Dry Dry Laundry Hang Laundry

I read articles and like checking out Blogs in reference to living off the grid and I have learned a lot more skills regarding this subject but I was really puzzled about some things.

 A lot of people who wash clothes by hand make their family wear the same clothes over and over without washing them because it is so much work washing by hand when you have a big family.

Some clothing items are worn for five or more days without washing and they make claims that you can do this and you will not smell funky.

 I have been around people who believe that they can wear Jeans a week or so and they do not have to wash them because they think that Jeans don't hold an odor but I am here to tell you, that is not true.

I was around a person two weeks ago and they smelled really bad because their Jeans had a horrible body odor.

Getting back to living off the grid; I think that if your family is so large that you are too tired to keep your families clothes clean, you may need to buy a washing machine and do your big loads that way because it does not make any sense to me to send your family out with dirty clothes because you want to live this lifestyle.

Or, if your kids are big enough, delegate a couple days a week for them to help you with this chore.  It is never okay to walk around with dirty clothes or bad hygiene just to save a buck or because you are hell-bent on living off the grid.

Vintage Victorian Old Fashioned Painting W


If you use your machine for two times a week and hand-wash your clothes the other times it is needed, you would still save money.

You can even find a big barrel to soak your clothes with laundry soap that is slightly dirty and the next day rinses them and hang them out to dry, this works because I have done this many times.

Find ways to make it easy on yourself and still live this self-sufficient lifestyle.









Post a Comment

}; (function(d, t) {var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript';s.async = true; s.src = '//clickcdn.sovrn.com/api/sovrncm.js'; var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); }(document, 'script'));